Friday, December 28, 2012

Exercise and amazement

I love how my body feels when I exercise. She is happy. Thrilled at the movement, since my job confines me to a desk all day.

Next summer I will wear shorts.
I will wear tank tops.
I may even, maybe, wear dresses... If you know me you know this is a big deal for me.
I may even venture out into wearing sandals... I don't really wear them because you can't really see what's going on with my feet when I'm wearing jeans all the time...

Today marks four months until I turn 28.

I've been doing good since the first week of December and have lost 5lbs. This is big for me. Usually the number goes up.

It's not easy. Counting calories... actually taking the time and effort to exercise... to prepare meals... to watch what I eat instead of eating whatever is in front of me without hindrance. I haven't had this kind of discipline in a very, very long time.

I'm going to continue eating better and exercising... and reaching my first goal by my birthday. I will be in a friend's wedding in California the weekend after my birthday (ok, so I'll for sure be wearing a dress then), and visit family nearby after the wedding. I'm not doing this for family or friends or strangers or possible mates. I'm not doing this for anyone else but myself. I need this. She... needs this. Wants it.

OK. Enough of my rabbling on. I'm pulling extra time at the office this weekend and tomorrow's shift starts at 8am. Thank God coffee doesn't have a lot of calories ;)

1 comment: