Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm not saying I'm right.
I'm not saying I'm wrong.
I'm not saying YOU are right or wrong.

I'm simply expressing my opinion, or a thought that I may not even totally agree with, but just want to throw out there because it's DIFFERENT.

Apparently, people don't like different.

Why is it always the people wanting to be RIGHT that comment? I know where you're coming from, I've been that person, always wanting to set people in the "right". What is right anyway, in matters of opinion?

I am honestly getting a little tired of making a comment on a matter, especially anything with any possibility of being a political, religious, or social matter, and getting told how incorrect I am and how I'm not seeing the full picture and how I've got to believe this other thing about it, and honestly I'm just sick of it. The truth of the matter is, I see things the way the majority see them. And then I look at it from a different angle. Why? Because I want to know what it means, what is going on, what runs beneath the surface in its veins. And apparently that makes me dangerous. Because I'm challenging ideas that people have and are comfortable in. I admit, I like to press buttons sometimes just to see what happens. Maybe not the best trait to have, or the safest form of amusement (Lord knows when I had more buttons to be pressed, I might have bit a few heads of, or wanted to beat them off with my fists... and I'm sure there are still some buttons left that have just been laid dormant a while), but it's something that I do. And sometimes it's not even intentional. It just comes from how I look at things.

I am what I am, whether you like it or not. You can take me or leave me. I don't cater to insecurities, and I don't give in to pity. My heart is not hard or harsh, she is simply fierce, and most people truly don't know what to do with that. That's all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just saying...Jesus was dangerous too. :-)

    love you, love your heart, and love that you'll put it all out there without apology.

    ReplyDelete