Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life's too short to hold a grudge...

This morning on my way to work, I needed to merge left and put my blinker on, but the car behind me to my left just kept going and passed me rather than letting me in. At first I was a little miffed. But then, I realized, I'm having too good of a day to let someone not letting me in.

Then I had another realization - this guy must be having a sucky morning if he's going to ignore someone with their turn signal on. I mean, when you're running late or having a sucky day, do you want to let someone in ahead of you? No. Your primary concern is numero uno. I get it. I've been there. Sometimes I camp out there and think I need to start paying rent....

So this morning I did something a little different... I forgave the man for not letting me in, then I prayed a prayer of blessing over him (going something like "Holy Spirit, get him with your goodness!") - the kind of blessing I would want someone to pray for ME if I was having a sucky morning!

I don't know if this fella's day got any better or not, but I know my Daddy is faithful and the hounds of heaven have been set out after this guy. I know this because they've been after me for years and most days I end up beneath their paws, smothered in happy kisses. And you know, I would wish that on ANYBODY!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I had a similar realization a few weeks ago and started saying a quick prayer of blessing and safety over everyone who would normally have annoyed me in traffic. It truthfully began because I was so annoyed by 3 drivers in.a.row...but what an amazing shift in my perspective! And I have to believe they benefitted from it too :-)

    Maybe I should start doing that every time I get in traffic...certainly made me kinder as a driver that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Yeah, it does, doesn't it? I love the transformations...

    Thank you for commenting, by the way! I was wondering if anyone read this anymore! haha! :p

    ReplyDelete