Friday, September 28, 2012

Fighting

If you remember, my last blog was about workouts and change...

Two days away from the end of the month and I think I managed to do three workouts total this whole month.

It's REALLY hard not to get completely discouraged by this.

But I can't let myself go there. I've got to keep pressing on. This month has been HARD. Learning new things. Going through junk. Getting my creativity back. Working some overtime. Waiting on change...

Friends, hold me accountable. I need to avoid fried foods, soda, and sweets like the plague. And I need to make sure I move every day. I am so tired of where I've been physically, but I can't seem to make the changes I need to make on my own.

This means when I go out to eat with you (and when I go out to eat on my own, of course), I won't be eating french fries, burgers, "crunchy shrimp" sushi (this is a favorite), donuts, tempura chicken of any kind, or any other thing that has been deep fried.

This means my portion sizes have to change - drastically. I've said this before but I get discouraged or I get hormonal and it all seems to go down the drain.

It's not that I don't know how to eat healthy or anything like that. It's that I don't have the confidence in my ability to follow through with it... So often I get on a kick for a couple weeks and then there's a month (or two or three) of nothing but bad habits. And it's worse because I know its bad, and then I just hate that I can't get it right.

I'm done.

It's time for sleep. I'm working both Saturday and Sunday, of my own volition, and Monday is a new month... I'll be making another update sometime next week... maybe not on blogger, but definitely on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram - one or all of those, perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. as one who has been on both sides of the extremes (and yes, disorders like crazy) I can tell you 3 things

    (1) obsessing and using a "never going to" or "always going to" approach is a setup for failure because of the cycle it creates if you DO have a treat and feel bad about it. Or, if I were in that awful cycle at the moment I would feel guilty about not exercising even though my back has been out and it would actually be detrimental to my overall health to go for that jog!

    (2) there's beauty in balance. I'm learning about that more and more myself, but even if I don't see the weight leaving as quickly as I'm accustomed to (because what I had been accustomed to is the unhealthiest of unhealthy) I feel SO.MUCH.BETTER than I ever have in my life. because I'm striking the balance between watching my intakes (being aware) and enjoying my food.

    (3) you'll find your rhythm. listen to your body, what she tells you. fill her with good things, and the indulgences will either be truly a rare treat or completely unappetizing once you actually eat it. either way is healthy...really. but you have to find YOUR healthy.

    (oh, and if you want to MOVE together in a hike or whatever...let me know. we can meet in the middle or even chat while walking in separate neighborhoods to motivate each other...I know *I* need that. even just a text saying "have you moved today?")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the insights! And yes, let's please go hiking soon... :)

      Delete